Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy CNY!

Woot, it's Chinese/Lunar New Year!

Although I haven't really celebrated since I came to Australia.. 9 years ago..

I miss when our whole family used to gather at grandma's house. Especially mum's side because there's 3 aunts and 1 uncle, meaning my cousins and I would have heaps of fun together playing games.
The inevitable hide-and-seek, tip, hopscotch, 얼음땡(tip and freeze.. or freeze and tip), tarzos(boy, were they were awesome).. and many other Korean childrens' games which I can't remember or translate for.. Memorable times.
And who could forget, the money you'd get from your relatives after greeting with the traditional bow; LIFETIME SUPPLY OF ICE CREAM AND SNACKS!

Ahh. I miss my cousins. They used to be little. But not so much anymore.
=_=

well, happy CNY everyone!