Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First time on the wheel..

Yep, drove a car for the first time today!

Dad was my supervisor, and he was absolutely - you guessed it - PETRIFIED.
He didn't cling onto the side handle though. So maybe I didn't do too badly?

Knowing nothing about cars, I discovered.. many things after jumping on the car.
For example; how an automatic car just rolls on its own when it's on Drive or Reverse gear.
That was very new and highly fascinating.

First few minutes involved going forward and backwards in the same spot(would've looked very odd without the L plates..), and driving along just using the break only.
Yep, crawlin' around at what. 5 km/h? LOLOL.

Hmm..
- Didn't crash into anything(went very close past a car thrice).
- Didn't hit anyone(crept up too close behind someone once).
- Didn't run anything over(had to wait for a Noisy Miner bird to hop across half the street)..
- Dad didn't raise his voice at all(he facepalmed when I insisted for two other cars coming from the opposite direction to pass before I crossed the double unbroken lines to drive into our driveway)

I think the fastest I went today was 40km/h. I refuse to go any higher than that as of now.
~__~;

Haven't had a new experience for quite a long time(lolHSC); in recount, this was a very fun experience. <: