Monday, February 1, 2010

Dad just handed me an iPod touch.

15 minutes ago.. starting into the fish tank, wondering if that black guppy is dying or just sick.

Now, I'm listening to random c-pop. Oh, and c-rap. (Which is turning out to be.. not so bad o_o)
Pretty random.

So how does the blog title and the anecdote relate?
WELL.
Let me tell you how it all came to be...

After dad almost hadouken'ing me over as he swung open the front door, he stated that he'd give me a present.
DAD'S GOT ME A PRESENT?
Kidding, he knows my birthdate.

It's not my birthday.

So why a present out of the blue?

He rummages for something in his trouser pocket, and brings out something squarey and black(also dirty and ugly, looking like some rubbery industrial leftover), and with joy and a hint of disbelief, he says;
"iPod!"

"...... HUH?"

"iPod!"

"Wh.. whadda wha?"

"iPod! :DDDDDDDD"

The squarey, black, dirty, ugly and rubbery item turned out to be an iPod touch (Gen-1, according to sister), encased in a black rubber back cover.

...To be honest, my first impression was; "Ew. WTH."

"Ew" because it's an apple, "WTH" because... it's a piece of unaffordable technology that I never asked for.

.. Where did it come from? He found it, he says.
Found it?! Yeah, these guys moved out and threw out a whole lot of stuff.. He acquired some other stuffs, too.
Wait.. why would they throw out an iPod..? You sure they didn't just... lose it?
No.. they were really rich or something, so they threw everything out as they moved out.
(Gee.. it's like as if they died and someone decided to just clean the whole house out..)
S...SWEET, LOL, NICE ONE DAD. THANKS!
The previous owner hadn't taken off the initial plastic screen cover, so it's really new. He says you can tell when an iPod's old by looking at the back of it - the apple logo would be faded if it was aged. And this one's clearly visible!

だから。 I'm listening to random c-pop and c-rap(no, I don't understand Chinese at all.) on an iPod touch.
FREE LOOT YEAH!

Although I've a feeling the previous owner would come back for it.. Hurr.

So what does this post achieve? ..... you tell me <:

/enddailyjournal