Saturday, June 27, 2009

Technology.

Speed and memory capacity of computers are doubling each year. (Yay for transistors!)

Did you notice?
Technology grows faster and faster.

Children grows shorter and shorter.
They also mature slower and slower.

When I was their age, I rode my bike with the kids around the local area. Grounds were drawn on with chalks. Skipping ropes lived out of the shoe-drobe, as well as rollerblades, rollerskates and scooters.

I'm sure many others have noticed, but the year 7's are getting shorter each year.
They're also getting cockier and more disrespectful. Or in a more colloquial term, "up themselves". Sure, my year was (probably) somewhat like that, but they're getting worse. Fact.

Actually, I don't think we're a bad year group. There were only a couple of class clowns here and there, but they've all dropped out of school now, and gone. But at this rate, half of the newcomers seem no different to the dropouts.

It was just over ~5 years ago, when we had the utmost respect for the seniors. They were real adults, with responsibilities, and we respected that.
Nowadays; those little kiddies don't know how to give proper respect. Even now, some year elevens are just plain rude. I hope they have fun with this year's year tens, next year. *sniggers*

Hurr, I wonder. If that's how the elderly saw the world develop in violence. The phrase "Kids these days have no manners" pops into my mind. :P